- LAS students plan Iowa State’s first pre-health conference
More than 75 professional schools from around the country are expected to attend the virtual conference.
- Collaboration with Homeland Security focuses on detecting biothreats
Professor Marit Nilsen-Hamilton serves as principal investigator on the project, which aims to develop a portable sensor for detecting COVID-19 and other toxins.
- Light-controlled Higgs modes found in superconductors; potential sensor, computing uses
Iowa State's Jigang Wang and researchers discover a short-lived form of the famous Higgs boson.
- ISU Theatre’s “Of the Deep” honored at KCACTF
This is the third consecutive year KCACTF has recognized an ISU Theatre production directed by Associate Professor Amanda Petefish-Schrag.
- Runyon will lead LAS’ new Innovation + Entrepreneurship Academy
An entrepreneur herself, Iowa State alumna Rebecca Runyon is the inaugural director of LAS' new Innovation + Entrepreneurship Academy.
- New gift provides visionary support
Gift from Dr. John M. Graether will help advance climate science education.
- COVID-19 model compares effectiveness of vaccine and mitigation strategies
LAS researchers developed a network-based approach to look at the impact of policies and vaccination strategies throughout the pandemic.
- Iowa Poet Laureate Debra Marquart inaugural recipient of Roger S. Hanson faculty support funds
Hanson gift supports creative writing, enhancing the impact of Marquart's endeavors.
- Group exercise may be even better for you than solo workouts – here’s why
L. Alison Phillips, associate professor of psychology, explains how the benefits of group exercise are supported by solid scientific research.
Faculty Honors & Awards
Fellow, Institute for Research in the Humanities at the University of Wisconsin-Madison
Advancing Substance Use Recovery in Iowa II, Iowa Department of Public Health Organization Giving Award, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Administration
Iowa Health Information Platform Development, Iowa Department of Public Health Organization Giving Award, Centers for Disease Control
Outstanding Mentor Award, Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences
Exemplary Student Support Award, Iowa State University
"Heavenly Fatherland: German Missionary Culture and Globalization in the Age of Empire", University of Toronto Press
Argentina legalized abortion. Here's how it happened and what it means for Latin America, The Washington Post
A new COVID-19 model taking into account the tendency to associate with groups who share their same opinions and beliefs, Iowa Public Radio