- ISU Theatre presents ‘Polaroid Stories,’ a fusion of epic myth and modern heartache
ISU Theatre's first show of the season opens Oct. 6, at 7:30 p.m. in Fisher Theater.
- LAS chemists strive to synthesize, discover new materials that convert wasted heat into electricity
Kirill Kovnir and Julia Zaikina awarded inaugural grant from Frontier Science Fund in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
- ISU lab aims to repair severed nerves, foster undergraduate research
Donald Sakaguchi, professor in the Department of Genetics, Development and Cell Biology, leads a research team that could help traumatic brain injury patients.
- Entrepreneurship yields high returns for LAS student
Jacob Kautman (‘24 history, education) empowers college students to boost their financial literacy and achieve their investment goals.
- Search for clues may explain the collapse of ancient city in Mexico
Andrew Somerville, assistant professor of anthropology in the Department of World Languages and Cultures, leads the international research team.
- Researchers test nanocarriers to deliver drugs to the brain
Donald Sakaguchi, Morrill Professor of genetics, development and cell biology, is part of this NSF-funded research team.
- A business that goes beyond beauty
Jassma'ray Johnson ('23 psychology) is in the business of making women of color feel beautiful, inside and out.
- Ames National Laboratory research project awarded $4.5 million to understand and control properties of rare earth minerals
Rebecca Flint, Ames National Laboratory scientist and associate professor of physics, leads the project.
- Alumnus supports ROTC in honor of his father
Provides lead gift for U.S. Marine Corps obstacle course at Iowa State University.
Faculty Honors & Awards
Frontier Science Fund grant, Frontier Science Fund in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
SACNAS Presidential Service Award, Society for Advancement of Chicanos/Hispanics & Native Americans in Science
Ask Every Student Implementation Grant, Ask Every Student Steering Committee
2022-23 American Fellowship , American Association of University Women
Two National Science Foundation grants; and a Simons Foundation grant, National Science Foundation and Simons Foundation
“Religion on the Brink: Settler-Colonial Knowledge Production in the US Census” , NYU Press
Solo viola performance with Central Iowa Symphony, Central Iowa Symphony
Several chapters in the book "Strategies for Navigating Graduate School and Beyond", American Political Science Association