United Way of Story County’s (UWSC) mission is to improve lives. Every dollar donated to United Way makes an impact in the lives of our neighbors, students and colleagues. Help make a positive difference in our community, and contribute to United Way of Story County!
This year, the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences is offering a few new ways to get involved with the campaign. We hope you’ll join us at our fundraisers, and consider how you and your department can contribute to UWSC.
Check this post for news, updates and events, and watch for progress reports in Around LAS.
2017 LAS Campaign Goal: $36,000
Packets delivered: Monday, Sept. 11
Packets due in campus mail: Friday, Oct. 13
LAS Unit Number: 16
LAS United Way co-chairs: Stacey Maifeld, firstname.lastname@example.org, 515-294-7742; Kathy Houseman, email@example.com, 515-294-2135
Upcoming LAS Events:
Sept. 29-Oct. 6: LAS Online Auction The popular online auction returns with more fun items up for bid.
- 8 a.m. Sept. 29 through 3 p.m. Oct. 6
- Go to https://apps.las.iastate.edu/uw-auction/
- Highest bidders will be contacted by LAS UWSC co-chairs with instructions for payment and pickup
- Contact Stacey Maifeld, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Kathy Houseman, email@example.com with questions.
About giving to United Way:
- While you are encouraged to give to the broad pool of funds that supports all the partner agencies, you may also designate specific agencies for your contribution or exclude agencies that you do not wish to support. If you prefer to make choices, complete the Donor Choice Card. Note: a minimum of $50 per designee is required to process the designations
- All pledges are confidential. You may place your pre-addressed return envelope directly into the campus mail. Envelopes are not opened until they reach United Way Headquarters in Ames. Please return your pledge envelopes to the United Way even if you choose not to contribute
- Pledge cards must be signed to be processed as a payroll deduction. University ID number must be included