The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences is currently conducting a search for the next director of the Carrie Chapman Catt Center for Women and Politics. The search follows the retirement announcement by Dianne Bystrom, current director of the center.
Candidates for the position will participate in an interview process spanning multiple days, including the presentation of their vision for the Catt Center. Members of the campus and Iowa communities are invited to attend the presentations and provide feedback to the search committee.
Four candidates were selected to participate in the interview process, and the seminar schedule follows. All seminars will be at noon, in 302 Catt Hall (2224 Osborn Drive).
April 25, 2018
April 30, 2018
May 2, 2018
May 3, 2018
If you participated in any of the interview activities, please fill out an evaluation survey no later than 5:00 p.m. Friday, May 4, 2018. The survey will be available following the first presentation.
Members of the search committee include:
- Chair: Arne Hallam, associate dean, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Elizabeth Hoffman, professor, Department of Economics
- Eric Bentzinger, director of development, Iowa State University Foundation
- Daniela Dimitrova, professor, Greenlee School of Journalism and Mass Communication
- Alex Tuckness, professor, Department of Political Science
- Elizabeth Baird (’76 journalism and mass communication and international studies)
- Sharon Rodine (’71 political science)